Saturday, August 25, 2012

Some Shoes for Nessa





I hand painted these snakeskin inspired shoes as a gift for my girlfriend. Her birthday was yesterday and I had just finished these shoes the night before. She is really into gold and metallics these days so I though it would be a good idea to keep that same color palette. This project was a totally new experience for me. I got a chance to use a new paint medium, work with a new color palette, and try my first attempt of creating a snakeskin pattern. The paints I used were Jacquard Lumiere Acrylics. I really enjoyed these light bodied acrylics because they were smooth and opaque. I also enjoyed their brilliance and there was no need for me to gesso the shoes because these acrylics can go on anything (wood, canvas, leather, etc). Once dried these acrylics become pretty permanent and flexible. So there shouldn't be any cracking or peeling with these. I did, however, add a liquitex varnish to them just in case. My girlfriend loves her new shoes and can't wait for more future pairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment